GoldenGate Monitoring Commands
The following steps will briefly discuss the different commands we can use to monitor the GoldenGate environment and get statistics and reports on various
extract and replicat operations which are in progress.
1.Information on all GoldenGate processes running on a system
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 1> info all
2. Find the run status of a particular process
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 2> status mgr
Manager is running (IP port golden.7809).
3. Detailed information of a particular process
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 3> info extract EXTINT
4. Monitoring an Extract recovery
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 4> send extract extint,status
5.Monitoring processing volume – Statistics of the operations processed
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 5> stats extract extint
6.View processing rate – can use ‘hr’,’min’ or ‘sec’ as a parameter
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 8> stats extract extint reportrate hr
Command to check minute parameter
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 9> stats extract extint reportrate min
7. View latency between the records processed by Goldengate and the timestamp in the data source
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 10> send extract extint, getlag
8. Viewing the GoldenGate error log as well as history of commands executed and other events
We can use the editor depending on operating system – vi on Unix for example to view the ggserr.log file which is located at the top level GoldenGate software installation directory.
We can also use the GGSCI command VIEW GGSEVT as well.
9. View the process report Every Manager, Extract and Replicat process will generate a report file at the end of each run and this report can be viewed to diagnose any problems or errors as well as view the parameters used, the environment variables is use, memory consumption etc
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 12> view report extint
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 12> view report replicat
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 12> view report mgr
10.information on Child processes started by the Manager
GGSCI (gg.orcl.com) 13> send manager childstatus
I hope above information was very helpful.
Thank you for giving your valuable time to read the above information.If you want to be updated with all our articles send us the Invitation or Follow us :
Facebook Page: KTexperts
Ajay Kumar’s Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajay-kumar90/
Ajay kumar’s Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/www.ajaykumar.binnary